Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Week 3

As we near the end of Kenadi's 3rd week, today I looked in her crib and realized how big she's getting. She normally loves to be swaddled at night but this morning when I went to check on her she looked two sizes too big for her blanket!

This week we also said goodbye to all of her newborn size clothing . . . my last time getting to use those teeny-tiny clothes that are oh-so cute. Kenadi also discovered that daddy's chest isn't just nice to sleep on but fun to play on too.


For my little photo shoot this week (I know I won't be able to keep this up every week but I have so many ideas!), it didn't exactly work out. Everything is starting to bloom, including the beautiful tulips over at Heritage Park. Since Kenadi can't exactly sit up yet I thought I'd use a cute little pair of butterfly wings I found, stick them on Kenadi's back and have the tulips in the background for a cute spring picture (kind of like the Anne Geddes fairy pictures she does with the woodsy backgrounds). Well I didn't have any such luck - I was able to take 2 pictures total - with three boys running around and Kenadi being awake (not sleeping like I wanted her to be) and a little fussy, neither turned out very good.

This one would have been okay if I would have placed her better in the light and if she would have kept her face turned to the side so you could see her little ear (I love how they go up in a point). I WILL get a good picture in the tulips - just not for this week.


As far as sleeping during the night it's been a hit and miss deal. Some nights she'll wake up at 2 and then 6 - which after that I'll start my day; but then some nights I'll have trouble getting her back to sleep and be up for about 2 hours - I never had that problem with the boys. They always went right back to sleep.




This is my view when I feed Kenadi while Cole's at school. Chase and Cy like to come in Kenadi's room and read :)

I do have some new Needle in a Scrap-Stack updates that I can't wait to share with everyone. We just need to do a little bit more work before we show it off. Can't wait!

2 comments:

April said...

Cute cute cute!!!!! Kenadi is getting so BIG!!!! Love the pic of the boys too. Love you!

Heidi said...

The clips are adorable, love the idea of Kenadi with the tulips and all the little details about how she is changing. That is great that the boys will read while you feed... hey that rhymes! Love and miss you and the babes.