Thursday, March 5, 2009

1st Week of Life

No matter how grueling the first week is after giving birth, getting to finally love, hold, kiss and watch your baby grow puts everything back into perspective.

Here are a couple highlights/thoughts from her first week of life:

We got to go home from the hospital after just one night - every other time they've made us stay two.

Although Kenadi's jaundice was okay when we left the hospital, at her dr.'s appointment the next day she was up to an 11. This meant lot's of sitting in front of a window and feeding every 2 hours. By the end of her first week she got up to a 16 before it finally started coming down.

Kenadi is growing and changing every day. It's already going too fast!

I love all the lines in her little newborn feet. She inherited Auntie April's feet - the second toe is just as long as her big toe - she's still perfect :)


I love watching Brandon with her; how gentle, loving and protective he is.


Oma and Auntie April got here that Saturday and are staying till the following Saturday. I'm loving all the help: playing with the boys, fixing dinner and keeping the house clean! The boys are loving all the attention too :) Thanks for all your amazing help!

I already love dressing her up - especially for my little photo shoots. All of the hats, flowers, and ruffles - I love it all!

So far Kenadi doesn't cry unless you give her something to cry about. She loves to be snuggled and seems to be the most comfortable right on Daddy's chest - she falls asleep almost immediately every time.

She likes her sponge baths - no crying at all. I can't wait for her little belly button stub falls off!

On Wednesday, my sister and I did a little 1 week photo shoot. I love the little hat (thanks Brandi and Christen!). I'll leave you with my favorites :)




No comments: