Monday, August 17, 2009

Falling For Fall

{Inspiration Mondays}

With school starting in just one week thoughts of cooler days and nights, beautiful autumn leaves, warmer clothes, pumpkin patches and time with family during the holidays fill my head. Even smells change like the smell of pupkin spice and mulled cider always gets me in the mood for fall. I can't wait for the change, a breathe of fresh air from these stubbornly hot summer days.
With fall being right around the corner my sister and I have been "going fall" with Needle in a Scrap Stack. We'll be listing a bunch of new items in fall colors very soon. Something new we've been making are these shabby chic hair clips. We played around with some different ideas but I think this style is coming in as my favorite.

Another reason I'm looking forward to fall and school starting again is because we'll be back on a definite routine. Of course with kids (especially a baby) you're always in a routine but I like the school routine and the feeling of getting more accomplished. Although I'm not an official homeschooler, I've always enjoyed teaching the boys as much as I can at home and having structure. An inspiration I've had in the past (it's kind of an old post) is a post on The Pioneer Womans Blog called "A Day in the Life of a Structured Homeschooler." http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/2008/10/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-structured-homeschooler/
Check it out for great ideas - I found it when I was looking for ideas on how to accomplish anything with multiple kids :)


Here's to getting ready for fall because it will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

April said...

Ooooo, those look SO yummy I could eat them up! LIke Pumpkin Pie!!!! :)