Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend!
This year instead of going to Grandma's house for Thanksgiving we all went to the Apfel's (Nick's fiance's parents house). Thanksgiving dinner was delicous and we had a great time spending the holiday with more family.

The kids also made Indian vests and head dresses with paper bags but after Cy made his he decided he didn't want to put it on, so daddy did :)

Some really good news is that Cy started to walk on his leg again the day before Thanksgiving. Of course it's still hard for him to get around but he's doing a great job. He even thinks it's funny to put his pirate eye patch on and walk around like he has a peg leg.

The day after Thanksgiving was spent switching the boys' rooms around. Yay! That's something I've been waiting to do and Cole and Chase were so excited to have bunk beds again. Next on the list of things to do is paint Kenadi's room pink! Brandon and I also went and registered at Babies r' Us that night (I think that got him that much more excited - getting to pick out all the cute pink stuff for his baby girl :)


Saturday, we took the boys over to the Flower Mound Christmas Trees. I remember my parents taking us to pick out a tree when we were little and we had so much fun (probably being those obnoxious kids playing and running behind all the trees trying to hide).





Cole was trying to be sneaky


Cy had to be in the stroller the whole time but he didn't seem to mind.

We ended up coming home from Lowes with our first Frasier Fir. We think we like it better than the Douglas Fir that we usually get.

We always let the kids decorate the tree first (it's so much fun to watch) and then we spread out all the ornaments later when they're not looking :)
Christmas is my favorite time of year and I really can't believe it's already here. I have some more things I want to share about some new traditions we're going to start that hopefully I'll have time to do tomorrow - December 1st!!!

2 comments:

April said...

I can't believe how big Cole is. Tell them they need to stop growing until I see them again. :) Love you!

Heidi said...

Decorating for Christmas, getting ready for baby Kenadi, how fun! Good for you getting the tree up already. I hope you have an easier time finding the right pink for the baby's room that I had in Kate's room. I went through three different quarts before I found the right one. I can't wait to hear about your new traditions. Love and miss you.