Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lot's of Letters!

Okay - I'm long overdue for a Needle in a Scrap Stack update. We've been steadily busy with a lot of custom orders for the past month or two. One of the things I've taken on are a lot of the custom letter orders. Here's a peek at a few of the letters and a couple of other things (I need some prettier backgrounds for my pictures!!!).







This little tote was actually a gift I made for sweet little Maelyn's 2nd birthday. It was the first time I made a purse and I love how it turned out.







One of the things April has been super busy with is an order from a lady who wanted us to help her redo her little girls whole room. April's not quite done with the quilt yet (I can't wait to see it!) but here's a couple pictures of some of the other things she's been working on:













Here's a quick pic of an apron April made for our cousins little girl Kate. It's so adorable, I love it!


Now for a little family picture update

Here are the boys at Maelyn's fairy party. They had a ton of fun at the park especially since we haven't been able to go very much unless it's early in the morning.











I was sneaky and got this picture of Cy. We always say prayers before bedtime but at naptime when I went to check on him he decided to say his own prayers. I got my camera a quick as I could!!


Cy loves to play this game with Daddy where they pretend they're asleep and wake each other up.

Something we just did this week was get a membership for the rest of the month of August to the new Flower Mound Community Center. They have a outdoor water park and an indoor pool with lot's of fun stuff so the boys have become little fish this past week. Our goal is to get Cole swimming across the pool without stopping so he can join the LAC swim team this fall. He's almost there (he's side-breathing too)!!! I'll try to post some pictures in the next couple days.

Right now we're just kind of waiting for summer to be over (along with the miserable heat!). It's nice to see signs of fall with school about to start back up. Cole meets his teacher next week and then starts kindergarten the week after that. He's very excited!!!

Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

April said...

I can't stop watching Cy play the sleeping game! He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable! And I love love LOVE the pic of him praying. It makes me want to cry! I don't really remember having the initiative to kneel and pray unless asked to... What a blessing... just precious!! Oh and your letters are amazing. I can't believe you did such an amazing job while feeling so pregnant sick!

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh, I love everything you guys make! So adorable! The pictures and video were super cute as well. Amber I hope you are feeling better soon. Love ya!