Sunday, March 16, 2008

Easter Pictures



This past Friday, we headed down to Heritage Park in Grapevine to take some Easter pictures. I love this park because it has a botanical garden that is filled with tulips in the Spring. Though the tulips hadn't quite bloomed yet I still got a couple of good shots - especially of Chase. He has got to be my favorite to follow around and take candid shots of. Of course, with the three boys together, the norm seems to be that if one of them are looking at the camera the other two don't want to. I'm sure all other moms can relate!

When I got home and started looking through the pictures from our day at the park, I decided to look through some of our Easter pictures from a few years back. I found this one of Cole and Chase sitting by the same fountain that I took pictures of Chase at this year. It was only two years ago but both boys have grown up so much.

It made me think about what it was like taking them to the park back then - Cole was 3 years old, looking out for Chase just like he still does today (except now he tries to do it with a lot more authority :) ;Chase was 1, running and exploring, being my little dare devil like he still today (except he's a much better listener now); and Cy was a sweet little newborn just trying to stick to his daily schedule of eating and sleeping. He, of course, has changed the most in the past two years and is perfectly content when he gets to run around and be a big boy with his brothers.
I love looking back - and I love capturing the moments that take me back. What would we all do without pictures :)



1 comment:

April said...

oh my gosh Amber. Cy looks exactly like YOU did when you were his age! The SAME expression! SO adorible!