Friday, October 10, 2008

It's a . . .

I am so excited and happy to announce that . . .

Yes, it's a girl!!! Deep inside I thought I knew it was a girl but when we were having the ultrasound done I thought the lady would say the opposite. Once again I was amazed while watching her move; she also seemed to love putting her hands up to her mouth (uh-oh, maybe another thumb sucker??? Pacifiers please! Those are much easier to take away :)



I took this picture on the day of the ultrasound - I was 18 weeks and 6 days - I'm almost half way done!!!



I am beyond excited and telling everybody the news was so much fun :) I suddenly had the urge to start getting things ready - that night I cleaned out Cy's closet to make way for baby stuff (Cy will move to Chase's room and Cole and Chase will share a room again). I would love to switch the rooms right now so we can gradually get her room ready but Brandon says it's too early. . . :(


The next day, Christen gave me all of Isabelle's 0-3 month clothes (I welcome hand-me-downs - just in case you were wondering! ). I can't believe I get to have all the cutsie little girl stuff now - it is soooo different from having boys. Wednesday morning I went to Kohls to exchange a pair of jeans that were too small for Chase and of course I had to look at all the baby girl stuff. I know I have to resist buying any clothes - at least until after a baby shower but I saw these little newborn shoes and had to get them.

Aren't they adorable? They just don't make cute little things for boys - I'm loving the little scalloped and ruffled beanies/hats and hairclips and headbands (especially the ones with the big flowers - so cute).

As for names, the one that both Brandon and I agree on is Kennedy Nicole. We may spell it a little different though like Kennedi or Kennadi. We're not sure yet. Some other names still in the mix are Reece and Avery.

I am soooooo excited to decorate the room. I want to do a vintagey theme with birds (like the ones you've seen in some of our products). I finally nailed down the colors to pink, olive green and brown - of course there can be more colors but those are the primary ones. Her scrapbook cover (I just finished this morning) gives a better idea of the theme and colors:



I also found this clear stamp that I'm thinking of enlarging and painting on the wall:

I didn't think I would find anything that went along with this theme on Pottery Barn but much to my surprise I did! I love these cute little owls (I think I'll try to make some of my own) and they have the birds and trees that I like.





That's all I have for now. If you have ANY ideas or have seen anything let me know! I love to be inspired!!!
Thanks to everyone I have talked to, texted or seen this past week! You've made this time so special for me and I am so grateful!!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I can't believe its a girl! How perfect to complete your family. You are going to love everything about having a girl. Having a daughter is very special in so many ways. I can't wait to see what she looks like!
I love the names you have chosen as your front runners. The theme for her room is my favorite one from Pottery Barn. The birds/ owls and colors are adorable.

Sara G Nichols said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara G Nichols said...

I'm so happy for you! I LOVE Kennedy... Looking at the spelling examples I like Kennadi best, but that's just me. =) I also love Avery; it ties in with the birds theme as it makes me think of a beautiful "aviary" of birds with flowers and shaded trees all over. ("Gracie" and horses made me think of a barrel racer, so "Avery" is much more femimine and pretty, haha.)

I have some gorgeous little dresses of Gracie's for you. I also remembered seeing this nursery theme at Babies R Us that I loved: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2925540. You might like some of the elements in it, but I really love the Pottery Barn theme you found. The scrapbook cover is so gorgeous! I love the colors.

Let me know if I can do anything for you!