Monday, July 7, 2008

Ringing in July

I am VERY excited for the month of July. I've been blogging for the last couple days but I havn't posted any of them because most of you know by now I have some big news - but I couldn't post that big news until I surprised my parents with the big news (which happened tonight).


July 1st started out normal. I took the boys down by the creek to let them explore and to take some pictures.

Brandon was busy working and would be gone all day (he had his defensive driving class later that day that lasted till 10pm). That afternoon I ran some errands with the boys, one of them being to pick up a couple things at the store. I decided earlier that day to pick up a pregnancy test to confirm my "I couldn't possibly be pregnant" thoughts. And why is it that every time I've picked up a test no matter how hard I try to hide it, EVERYONE in the store ends up seeing it? This time the lady ringing everything up got my stuff mixed in with the lady's stuff in front of me . . . you can imagine the rest!!! :)


Blog from:
July 1st

Before I write anything I have to say I’ve enjoyed blogging. I’ve been so busy with Needle in a Scrap-Stack stuff that I have not scrapbooked in awhile and I would truly feel like I’m missing out if I weren't blogging.

Scrapbooking to me isn’t all about the page design – although that part is so much fun – it’s about the moments that make our stories (and telling those stories). I recently applied to be apart of the Chatterbox design team and the only question they asked (along with sending in some photos of your work) was, “Why do you scrapbook?”

I first started scrapbooking after Cole was born. I was exploding with emotions and scrapbooking was the perfect outlet to express my feelings. If we don't write down our stories then eventually they're lost. But I want to remember, treasure, and pass those stories down to my children and to their children. One of the biggest things I love about scrapbooking is that it forces me to take a time out - to step back and look at the beauty in life when it seems not so beautiful; to look at the big picture.


In having this blog it has made me sit down and write out more of what's going on. Sometimes I feel awkward getting personal on the blog since it is connected to the business side and I never know who could be reading it. But from here on out it’s going to be a little more personal because I want to feel like I have something to keep me more accountable for the stories and because today I have some news (and I want to keep everyone updated). . . some BIG news and I don’t care what anybody thinks or says – I am going to be happy about it.

Brandon and I are going to have another baby!!! I’m pregnant!
(yes, it is going to be our 4th child!!!! And yes, I just got rid of all of our baby stuff because we REALLY thought we were done)

Wow, I said it.

Most of you know Brandon and I have not had the easiest year (actually more like years) but everything is telling me that this is God’s perfect plan – I mean come on, Brandon just had a vasectomy three months ago (he never went back to make sure all those suckers were completely gone and that everything was good to go - there went $1,000).

I have many reasons to be excited - one of them being that this one could be a girl. I am so happy with boys and would love to have another one but as a lot of you know, when a man has a baby girl it changes him in ways that baby boys can’t. If this is a girl then it could be an answer to some prayers.

It is still so unreal to me; I’m still in shock and have to make myself keep going back to look at the test to try to let reality sink in. I’m still trying to think of a nice why to tell Brandon so he doesn’t flip out (don’t worry – I’m not going to post this until after I tell him). I think I want to do something that involves the boys.

Oh, and something else that happened this morning that was totally random (this was before I took the test) - me and the boys watched Cy’s first 2 years DVD and both Cole and Chase said that they wanted another baby. They never say that!!

3 comments:

April said...

I could not be more excited about being an aunt AGAIN. This is totally God's perfect plan. That is so funny that Cole and CHase said they wanted another baby!! I am SO happy for you and Brandon!!

Sara G Nichols said...

We are ECSTATIC for you guys! I really really really hope it's a girl so she can join the "babysitter's club" that God seems to be putting together with all the girls the rest of us have, LOL! Plus we have a ton of baby girl stuff to help you out with, and so will everyone else, so YAY! I'm so happy, and let me know if you need anything, even just to chat and be merry or talk about the daily chaos that is our lives. Praying for a healthy pregnancy! Love y'all!

Heidi said...

If anyone can do four, it's you! You are a wonderful Mom and this new little one will add so much to all of your lives, boy or girl! It was fun to read all the details, thank for sharing Amber. I love you and am moved by your positive outlook (on just about everything!). Please let me know if you need baby stuff, I have the boy clothes you sent me, plus more! Do have names picked out? I can't wait to hear them!