Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summertime!

With Cole finishing school, this was our first official week of summer. We did a lot of stuff together as a family that we normally wouldn't have time to do during the week. I took the boys over to the Gaylord's Summerfest where they got to walk around and explore, we took plenty of bike rides, we all got to go to Cy's award class at WinKids, we went to Going Bonkers, swimming, Daddy took Cole and Chase to the driving range, and we took Dakota down by the lake for her first swim.


It was a good ending to Cole having a great year at school and a good kick off for the next couple months of summer.

So . . . I was going to write this blog yesterday and include how excited I am about our trip to Yosemite while we're in California. Yesterday was the three week mark till we were going to leave. Now we have a change in plans. We found out Brandon's best friend is getting married July 5th. Of course, we can't miss it. That means reservations for Yosemite (the ones I made back in February that are almost impossible to get) for July 2nd and 3rd are now cancelled. I have been waiting so long, I means YEARS to go camping in Yosemite. I have some of my best memories of camping there and I couldn't wait to let my kids experience the same thing. I know God has something better for us, He is always giving me what is best for me (as He does with everybody) although I may not see it. The point is that there will be a better time . . . later.
So our trip to California is pushed back about a week and we are so excited. I can't wait to see family and friends (it's been over a year now!). We're still going to be there for Brandon's family Lobster Bake, we're going to San Diego to go to Sea World and we'll probably still go camping at Sequoia National Park (it's the only place where you don't have to have a reservation and still have a good chance of getting in during the week). I can't wait!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend! We're off to the Red, White and Blue Festival.


April requested more videos so here they are :)






2 comments:

April said...

HA HAHA HA! I laughed at Cy falling down really hard! Sorry Cy! :) Geesh, I'm gonna be the worst mom - laughing at my kids when they get hurt. hee hee! I CAN"T WAIT till you guys get here! Chase looks so grown up!!! Loooove you!

Heidi said...

I love reading about what you and the kids are up to. I am bummed about your arrival to California being pushed back. I really wanted you guys to celebrate Kate's birthday and 4th of July with us! I hope we get to spend some time with you while you're here.