Thursday, December 24, 2009

Two Wills

It's amazing how God reveals things to us. After getting more in depth on praying according to God's will I started thinking more on the two wills of God - how there's God's will for all persons to be saved yet there's His will to elect unconditionally those who will actually be saved. Not that I've never thought about it before but I've always passed it off as God knows all of our hearts and who will ultimately turn from their sins and cry out for Him. Yet He is the one who turns our hearts to Him so why some and not others. In passing it off I've missed out on going deeper in my relationship with Him and an opportunity for growth.
So the day that I started thinking about all this I was flipping through my cd's while I was waiting in the pick up line for Cole and guess what I found? A cd entitled "The Two Will's of God" that I was given to me almost a year ago when I went through the membership class at the Village. I would love to list some points right now but it'll have to wait till later. For now if you would like, go
here to view John Piper's article on the Two Wills of God.

No comments: